Yes, I’ve BEEN off. Sad about the death of my grandmother. Worried about my dad and father in law’s health. Torn apart over Hannah’s recent issues and separation anxiety.
But that’s not the kind of OFF I’m talking about.
No, I’m literally off. Off on vacation. Leaving today. For seven days. Packing up and relocating the family from our house here in the suburbs of NY to the beach. (And for all of you stalking me to see when I’m away so you can rob my house, I have a housesitter and a ferocious dog so don’t even think about it). Part of me is a bit concerned that I’m just moving the craziness from one house to another. But even if that’s the case, the change of scenery and the sound of the crashing waves will be welcomed.
I’m full of hope. Hope that this week together as a family will be perfect. Just what we need. All we imagine.
All I imagine.
– Early coffee on the beach, scent of salt water in our noses.
– Standing holding hands, frothy water covering our toes.
– Finding first stars in the sky and making a wish we hope will come true
– Short walks at dusk for icecream
– Finding moments to read. Or close my eyes.
– Evening cocktails. Virgin for them. Not for me.
– Quiet conversation about life and love with my guy.
– Doing cartwheels side by side with Hannah.
– Bringing home a bag full of sea glass. And sea shells.
– Taking long walks. On the boardwalk. Alone.
– Playdates with new friends on the beach.
– First trips on a ferry boat to unexplored islands.
– Coming home. Refreshed. Happy. Excited for new schools. New adventures. And fall.
See you in a week!